A Giants Fan Living The American Dream And Sharing Life's Journey One Day At A Time.

Monday, February 6, 2012

FINALLY! Football is over. Baseball TIME!

For those who don't already know, I bleed Orange and Black Period! Baseball is my game and the rest I can careless about. I really enjoyed this weekend since it kicked off with San Francisco Giants Fan Fest 2012. And ended with Super Bowl 46. Perfect weekend in my world. 

       Saturday was an excellent day since it was such a nice day out. For a winter day, it sure felt like Spring, and Spring means Baseball. I was excited to head up to San Francisco with Doug, Brian, Tina and my parents to face the 30,000 other people attending. I avoided last years Fan Fest, since they were 2010 World Champs and figured it would be a mess. I took a chance this year knowing it would be a packed house, but had a mission to complete. I knew my mission was impossible, but wanted to give it the old college try.

The Family Fan Fest 2012
         With the trade of Andres Torres who was my favorite Giant, it made Fan Fest a bit sad. I was lucky to meet him at a signing and got to take this picture with him. He is such a great guy and I do wish him the best in NY. I look forward to seeing him when the Mets come to town.


      Like many players who come and go, last year I took a great liking to Ryan Vogelsong. I think his story and Andres Torres is pretty amazing. I really admire the determination these players have to make it in the Bigs. They persevere and really rise to the top. I look forward to the 2012 season and what Ryan brings to the pitching rotation. I think its looking solid.
Ready For 2012
        If you haven't figured it out yet, my mission was to meet or get a pic or anything with Ryan Vogelsong. This was as close as I got. The crowds were just to over whelming and the lines to wait to possibly get a signature or photo op was slim. I opted to stay and hang out at the Q&A stage, where a few select players came up and answered crowd questions.
           The first round was Jeremy Affeldt, Nate Schierholtz and Javier Lopez. As Lopez made his way to the stage he decided to walk right through the audience and walked right between Doug and I, and he shook Doug's hand and I gave him a high five. So cool, to see the guys showing real love for the fans.

Jeremy Affeldt, Nate Schierholtz and Javier Lopez
         The next group of guys should have been the headliner, because they sure caused a big crowed. Buster Posey, Aubrey Huff and Tim Lincecum. Poor Buster couldn't even talk, without girls yelling out how much they loved him.

Buster Posey, Aubrey Huff and Tim Lincecum
          Finally the moment I had been waiting for, the next group of guys to come on the Q&A stage. Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Vogelsong. I was hoping to catch Ryan on the way out, so after watching how all the other guys left, I had my plan of action to head out before they were done and head over to the area so I could catch Ryan when he was leaving. I was waiting and waiting for them to finish up, but just my luck, they left the opposite direction as all the other guys...so mission was incomplete...oh well.
Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Vogelsong


         It was still a great day, walking around the park in places you usually can't go. I found the club house to be the most interesting this time than the other time I got to tour it. I was taking in the feeling of celebration when they had beat San Diego to go to the playoffs, and was imagining the champagne being sprayed all over the place. I am so happy to have experienced my Team winning the World Series and being able to imagine the feeling right where it took place.





















I would like to thank Tina for letting me use some her photos in this blog. She is an awesome photographer and you should check out more pics from Fan Fest at her blog here. 


Really looking forward to the 2012 season. Pitchers and Catchers report to spring training February 18th not that I am keeping track.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...