A Giants Fan Living The American Dream And Sharing Life's Journey One Day At A Time.

Friday, February 24, 2012

I Know What You Are Thinking Fitness Tip #2

I am sure a lot of you are wondering where I have been. No blog in a few weeks, no updates on getting fit in 2012 and no tips on getting fit. I didn't fall off the get fit in 2012 wagon. I actually caught a cold, and been fighting to fend it off. I'm happy to say I am getting back to my normal self.  Unfortunately that has put a damper on my fit plan. In order to not get any sicker I opted to rest up this week rather than sweat my you know what off...which actually makes me bummed because I lost a good week of workouts. I will have to work a little harder this week to make up for the lost time.


Fitness Tip #2
To kickoff feeling better, I will give a second fitness tip that has helped me out this far. I also used this awesome tool while getting myself back to a 100%. I recommend going to this site http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ MyFitnessPal. You can use it online or download an app for your phone which I find to be super handy. Its like Facebook where you network with friends who also use this app and keep each other accountable. I would be an awesome friend to have on your list so feel free to add me if you already use this or want to start. My user name is tiggy808 so please add me.

The things I really like about MyFitnessPal are:
I love how you can log, or scan all food items in for each meal.
You also can adjust the amount of servings you eat for the individual item.
You track your workouts 
Your weight

This app really makes you see what kind of food choices you are making each day. And really makes you think twice before you eat certain foods. I recommend using this to keep track of your eating habits even if your not working out. This alone could be super helpful in losing a few extra pounds. 

Hope this is useful and lets all get fit in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...