A Giants Fan Living The American Dream And Sharing Life's Journey One Day At A Time.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

First Pumpkin Anniversary Edition

So today on my lunch I found my first pumpkin of the season. It is way different from your traditional pumpkins that we are most familiar with. The stem alone is the largest that I have ever seen, it reminded me of a zucchini from my dads garden when I was younger. This pumpkin still has green veins going down it which I found very unique. Now for those who don't know, I work at a grocery store and my lunch break is taken on the back dock of the store sitting on a milk crate. The produce department has bins full of pumpkins, i usually don't pay much attention since I prefer to get my pumpkins from farms where they are grown. While I was sitting on my milk crate I happened to glance at a fellow employee who was loading a cart full of pumpkins. From a distance I fell in love with this unique looking pumpkin.
 And here I share with you this lovely piece of nature. 

 Bringing home my pumpkin after a full days work made me think back to 6 years ago when I married the love of my life. It was on October 15, 2005 that I made the life long commitment to my Husband. This was the best day of my life and most memorable day for sure. This pumpkin is also a reminder that with each passing year there is something new and exciting to look forward too, just like a new pumpkin with each season. Seeing this pumpkin even motivated me to polish up my sliver so I could show off my new pumpkin and share the memory of my special day with you.  This is for sure my favorite time of year.  


1 comment:

  1. love that pumpkin that is super cool. :)

    and happy anniversary michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...